Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What are you passionate about?

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion"-Hebbel

I am always stumped when I run into people without a passion, a true passion...a zeal (or is it zest) for life. I love life and am passionate about most things. I want to do it all...I want to be passionate about exercise, about traveling, reading, decorating my home, gardening, being a better friend, wife, mother...so many things to do, so little time!  I want to be a photographer, refinish furniture, make my own candle line, write a book...so when I run into someone that just hangs around and cleans and says " I don't have any time to do things I'm interested in", I want to shake them and say "LIVE LIFE" make a difference, do something you love....you only get one chance at this life. TRY many things till you find that one thing you are passionate about..Believe me, I've tried a bunch of things till this whole art thing blossomed...I did design work, came up with a girl's clothing line(Meg had an entire wardrobe when she was 3 that was designed by myself!), worked on a stationery line, a cupcake business,  tried writing and illustrating a children's book.I tried and tried! I was passionate about those ideas but it wasn't my time yet? Not sure, but it has prepared me for where I am today. All of those ideas has helped me along the way. But my point is, is that I am passionate about life and I do try new things, new foods, make new friends. Every day is a new day and that is a gift. This passion I have for my art is unreal...there are too many ideas swirling in my head..I can't make it fast enough( this must be how an author is when writing a book, where they are locked in a room just typing away on their computer!) Anyways, until next time, try something new..you just might get passionate about it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Sometimes we have to "calm the storm" in our minds to focus on the things we truly want to do. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS