Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer camp



the mess was worth it!

On a whim one night, I decided to have a summer art camp. Literally it was a whim...didn't think things through, set a price(this is where I maybe should have thought things through!) and created an event on facebook for the camp. I didn't even have a location secured!  I prayed I would get a few girls to cover the cost of the location and supplies. I think I gave myself 3 weeks to figure everything out and secure the girls! Well the location secured a week before camp and it was perfect. It was a small building that used to house a restaurant, so it had a great space for the girls to create, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchen to store our snacks and koolaid. As I nervously awaited to see how many girls I would have sign up, I started to think what supplies I would need, what projects we would do, what snacks I would make...etc...I had decided to do 2 4 day camps from 9:30-12:30 and split the ages. 5-7 the first week and 8-11 the second week. I received exactly 17 sign ups for each week. 34 girls.Wow,what a blessing. It definetly encourages me to do it again and makes me push myself to always try new things and see what happens, instead of thinking of things and wondering "what if?" This year of my life has been about pushing myself to see what I am capable of, pushing me out of my comfort level.  Exposing yourself to the masses leaves you feeling a bit vulnerable, but it's necessary to grow as a person.
soo much fun!




look at these cute birds we made!!
snack time:)
look at what a wonderful job they did!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS