Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You never know what may happen...

I am extremely blessed to have many encouragers in my life. So when one of those people text me late in the evening on a Thursday night to ask if I can have a "special" engagement painting done by Saturday morning, I don't hestitate to say "YES"!! She gives me free rein to come up with something. I am doing this painting for her brother in law. He is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him on Sunday and he is going to give my painting to her when he does.. NO PRESSURE!!!!! So I start painting... when I paint, I know it sounds weird but I have no idea how it's going to turn out...I just start. Finally it starts coming together and it's time to add some words to the painting...I get some texts from my friend Katie giving me some ideas on what it could say, some direction. I flip through many magazines for inspiration. I browse through my favorite poets. I find something but it seems tooo romantic and gushy(I of course love it!). Now, I know I don't know this brother in law at all ( I have met him twice) but most guys are not gushy. He may be, but I back off a bit, I want it to be strong and believable. I finish the painting and it gets delivered Saturday afternoon. I am a bit nervous, hoping the girlfriend says "YES" and likes my painting.  It's amazing to me when I get an overwhelming response to the painting. I've touched people? I can't tell you how special that feels.
the happy couple

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS